Friday, December 7, 2012

pumpkin fudge brownies


Yesterday some winter ailment hit me with cramps and nausea. So, what did I decide to do? Make brownies, of course. Probably not the best idea. But I found a wonderful vegan pumpkin fudge brownie recipe and had to try it, especially since I had some pumpkin ready, waiting to be used.

When they came out of the oven I had an 'oh no, what have I done' moment. They did not rise. And when I tried one, I felt even worse. So they remained untouched all night.

Today when I came back form work I tasted them and they were amazing! What happened over night? Is it that my ailment has subsided (yes, that would make sense)? Or maybe the woman behind the recipe was right. She says to wait a day for the sweetness to take hold. Mine look much more fudgy than hers, probably because I used maple syrup for the sugar. And that's just the way I like them. Now they are chewy and moist and super chocolatey. Plus, they do not have that cloying sweetness hanging on afterward. They make a clean, quick get away.

Check them out, but be forewarned, they do not taste like pumpkin.

{recipe}


1 comment:

  1. I bet the pumpkin does make them nice and moist. I like my brownies fudgy and wet anyway, so I bet I'd love these.

    ReplyDelete