While casting around for ways to use our pile of very ripe avocados I decided to make the tried and true recipe: namely pizza.
Wouldn't it be nice to be in Mexico right about now - when you are totally over the cold weather and you wake up with (Gasp!!) more snow to clear off the car. That white fluffy stuff that was so appealing until you realized your car was covered in it and couldn't move without its deceptively heaviness being hauled away. Thanks goodness for kind strangers - I've been dug out more than once by total strangers. Isn't NYC great!!
Mexican Flavored Pizza
Makes on small pizza
- Your favorite pizza dough recipe, or store bought pizza dough
- 1/4 cup corn meal, for below the crust
- 1/4 cup stewed tomatoes, blended
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 can corn kernals
- 2 slices provolone cheese, torn into pieces
- Cayenne pepper and ground black pepper to taste
- Roll out pizza dough a top corn meal, on a pizza tray.
- Spread tomato sauce over top. Add corn, cheese and peppers.
- Cook at 500 degrees F, or as hot as you can make your oven, for 10 minutes.
- Add avocado. Serve hot.