Friday, April 11, 2014

mint mango salad



While waiting for the doctor, and trying to read my book, my attention was diverted to the Rachel Ray Show that was playing on the waiting room TV. Ever watch Rachel Ray? This was my first time. I was impressed by how she whipped up that recipe in no time flat. It explained why she was interviewing people in a set that was basically a kitchen.

She made a Thai Chicken dish which she garnished with a cucumber mixture of salt, sugar and cucumbers. So simple and yet full of potential. I knew I was bound to repeat it. And repeat it I did. I made it that very night.

I added it to this mango salad. Delicious.

Mint Mango Salad
Serves 1-2

Ingredients
  • 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced into match sticks
  • Dash salt
  • Dash fine granulated sugar
  • 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and sliced
  • 10-15 mint leaves, larger ones sliced
  • Juice of 1/2 lime
Instructions
  1. Toss cucumber slices with sugar and salt. Set aside.
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients. Toss again and serve. 
  3. Time adds flavor. Keep refrigerated over night.

1 comment:

  1. Rachael can be a tad bit annoying, but her recipes are usually pretty tasty! Love this mango salad! So refreshing.

    ReplyDelete